Tuesday, November 6, 2007

quarter One Reflection

In this class, I feel I did pretty well. My first paper was a bit shaky because I was just getting back into the routine of school. In this class I feel I have learned alot about writing overall. Enriched English has really pushed me to write stronger thesis statements because coming into this year, I really felt I was lacking in that area. One thing I learned was how to analyze photographs. I never thought aobut how much thought is put into creating a single photo or movie scene. Some techniques I learned were medium, long and close shots, which can really create different feelings from the photo. I feel that, again, writing a good thesis statement is something I have somewhat imporvied on but I feel that I still need to work on it to be a good writer. Something I'm struggling with is organizing my ideas when writing a paper. I know what I want to say but putting it into words is more difficult. I think my class environment is pretty good. I feel I learn as well as enjoy the class and my classmates really help me because they have really good ideas. I feel like I can share more of my thoughts to the class which in turn will benefit me and my classmates. I really struggle with this aspect becasuse I tend to be shy around new people, but now that I've gotten to know everyone more I hope I will learn to speak up. My goal for quarter two is to get a decent grade on the big research project coming up. I'm happy with my grade in this class so hopefully I can keep it there.

2 comments:

Amanda Alexander said...

I totally feel the same way as you do about organizing my thoughts in my papers because essays are not my cup of tea! Doing well on the research paper is a very good goal to have; I'm a little nervous about it myself. Great reflection!

Ms. Froehlich said...

I feel as if you've made great improvements in your writing this quarter. As for improving the organization, make sure to work with me on your outline during lab days while we work on the research paper!